THE Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) will implement a one-truck lane policy along Circumferential-2 (C2) Road to reduce traffic congestion and minimize truck-related crashes.

MMDA general manage Jojo Garcia, in a statement, said trucks traversing C2 Road will only be allowed on one lane from Andalucia Street to Nagtahan Road and vice versa in Manila.

In the 2017 statistical report for truck and trailer crashes along C2 Road that was based on the Metro Manila Accident Recording and Analysis System, MMDA said that at least 155 incidents of damage to property and eight injuries were reported.

Under the one-truck lane policy, cargo trucks with a gross weight of more than 4,500 kilograms will only be allowed to use the C2 Road’s third lane from the sidewalk except on Nagtahan, where trucks will have to stay on the second lane from the median or center island.

Nearly 7,000 trucks and trailer trucks used C2 road last year, based on the MMDA’s annual daily traffic report. The average number of existing lanes is four lanes per direction.

On June 21, the Metro Manila Council, the governing and policy-making body of the agency, gave the green light to enforce the measure. The one-truck lane policy is also being implemented along C5 Road, Katipunan Avenue, Congressional Road, Mindanao Avenue, and Roxas Boulevard.

You May Also Like

BOC is PH’s best drug-fighting agency

The Bureau of Customs (BOC) was named the top drug-busting agency in the country by the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), outperforming 58 other…

PH logistics players seek review of accreditation requirements

Stakeholders in the logistics services sector, who have to apply for accreditation with multiple agencies in order to operate, are urging the Philippine government…

DOTr signs deal for first 3 stations of MM subway project

The Department of Transportation (DOTr) has signed the design and build contract for the first three stations of the Metro Manila Subway, the Philippines’…

OOCL announces senior management changes

Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) announced the following changes to its management positions effective January 1, 2013: Bosco Louie will retire from his current…